Thursday, May 7, 2015

My beautiful work of art (view it now before it becomes famous)


Like I said in the post on my visit to Al Rashid Mall’s Ceramique A La Carte Cafe “paint your own pottery cafe,” I'd show you my artwork once it was done being fired in the kiln. Et voila!


A photography of a pair of ceramic zombie heads Saudi Arabia blog

Soak it in, I know that they're magnificent. (My work of art is the one on the right, my friend's is the one on the left. Notice our different interpretations of zombie eyeball and brain colour as well as nostril worm colour and eyeball colour. I tried to emulate the zombies of the most amazing game ever Plants versus Zombies (and the ensuing Plants versus Zombies 2… Although I realized that zombies want to eat brains, exposed or not, and that they don’t necessarily have them in their heads. Hmm.)

If you'd like to reach me for commissions or portraiture I will be out of the country, as I will be exhibiting my ceramic zombie head plate in museums around the world, including Paris’s Louvre and New York City’s Museum of Modern Art (MoMA). Probably. I don’t know when I’ll be back, sorry.

If you’d like to paint your own cookie jar or teapot and eat while you do it, you can find Ceramique A La Carte Café on the third floor of the new extension of the Al Rashid Mall in Al Khobar. It can be accessed through gate 5. It’s open 7 days a week and is ideal for groups, kids, and even groups of kids if you want to mix food, paint, and breakable household goods with little people that have lots of energy and butterfingers.

If you end up going and paint your own mug, share your experience with us in the comments below. I can’t guarantee if it’ll come out to be a masterpiece like mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment