Monday, July 21, 2014

Blogger can't finish chocolate lava cookie, questions womanhood

Cacao Sampaka Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia blogging

After having a deeply fried dinner of wontons and assorted seafood bits (barf), my tender fingered male friend and I decided to try out a chocolate restaurant experience? extravaganza? in the city of Khobar.You can find Cacao Sampaka on King Faisal Road in Al-Khobar. It's a chocolate store/dessert focused restaurant. That's about the best description that I've come up with so far.

wall of chocolate Cacao Sampaka Al-Khobar Saudi Arabia blog

gift Cacao Sampaka Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia blog

chocolate bags Cacao Sampaka Al-Khobar Saudi Arabia blog

display Cacao Sampaka Al-Khobar Saudi Arabia blog

assorted chocolate Cacao Sampaka Pop Culture Middle East blog

ground floor Cacao Sampaka Al-Khobar Saudi Arabia blog

Saudi gifts Cacao Sampaka Al-Khobar Saudi Arabia blog
Don't you love the Saudi twist they've added to their products and their interior decoration?

After perusing the store section of Cacao Sampaka we headed to the restaurant in the back. Makes it sound like we went to some illegal, black market chocolate dealer who, oh I don't know, sells chocolate that we administer intravenously?

chocolate syringe Cacao Sampaka Al-Khobar Saudi Arabia blog

Honestly, this is so close to what I dreamed of after I went to the 3D printer workshop at KFUPM’s FABLAB that I'll accept it as the beginning of my dreams of a candy constructed world. Anyways, (how can I segue away from a syringe filled with chocolate???) after seeing a chocolate lava cookie on display I decided to order it with a glass of milk. Unfortunately it was not part of the menu that came with complimentary chocolate syringes... this place is so great dangerous.

mellow lava cookie Cacao Sampaka Al-Khobar Saudi Arabia blog

lava cookie Cacao Sampaka Al-Khobar Saudi Arabia blog
The drink on the right is dark chocolate mocha.

chocolate lava Cacao Sampaka Al-Khobar Saudi Arabia blog
My "cookie" didn't ooze as photogenically as its brother in the display case, but just give it a chance!!

All in all, Cacao Sampaka is a great concept that I wish that I was able to appreciate more fully. But maybe that's their secret. There's no way that you can possibly try everything that you like at their store, so you have to return... Oh capitalism and chocolate. What a deliciously evil combination.
 
Have you been to Cacao Sampaka? What did you think? Let me know in the comments section below or on Facebook page or on Twitter!

2 comments: