Sunday, May 4, 2014

Why I started writing stuff on the Internet

Cat blogging meme Saudi Arabia
Cardiff University


Welcome to my blog!                                                                                                           !أهلاً و سهلاً
I’m a Third Culture Kid (TCK) who grew up on a compound in Saudi Arabia. Like many people in my position, I decided to pursue further education in Middle Eastern Studies. And like many people my age I decided to come home once I was broke from all that studying. That meant I had access to my parents’ pay TV network once again, and that meant I could not only feed my TV show addiction but my pop culture addiction too. As I watched House of Cards and Fashion Police, I saw something else that I really liked. Most people hate commercials in between their shows, but I began to really enjoy watching them. There were ads that came up for new Arabic shows and local public health announcements. They were funny, creative, and original. I wanted to share them with people who didn’t get to see them and to talk about them with people who were able to. I decided to expand on this idea by broadening my scope to content that I could find online and in my neighbourhood. Why not put all my interests in one place?

So look around! If you see something interesting, stay a while and leave me a comment. If you don't, send me a message and I'll see how I can improve. 

Hoping to hear from you soon,

Nadine

No comments:

Post a Comment